Warrington is immensely proud to be hosting a Physical Disability Rugby League Showcase Tournament as part of our Rugby League World Cup host town activity in October and November 2022.
Physical disability rugby league (PDRL) is an exciting and fast-growing contact sport and we’d love to see it recognised as an official world cup tournament in its own right at future world cups! The showcase event in Warrington this autumn, which will see the PDRL final played at the Halliwell Jones stadium following the RLWC men’s group game between France and Samoa, will be an outstanding opportunity to highlight the PDRL game.
The PDRL showcase event features England, Wales, Australia and New Zealand with competitors having to raise funds to meet the cost of their travel, accommodation and food during the event.
All profits from this fundraiser event, run by Warrington Disability Partnership, Warrington Council and the Warrington Wolves Foundation, will go directly to funding the PDRL world cup tournament in Warrington and ensuring the players have a fantastic experience whilst they are staying in the town.
This celebration fundraiser, part of the Disability Awareness Week activity, promises to be a great evening, featuring:
- Event hosting and comedy from:
- Adam Hills, award winning comedian and PDRL player – Host of 22 series of the Broadcast and RTS-award-winning Channel 4 series The Last Leg, Adam Hills is one of the most popular comedians in the UK. With sixteen solo shows that have toured internationally, his combination of positive, uplifting comedy and rampant spontaneity has seen him receive a swag of awards, glowing reviews and a legion of fans around the planet.
- Comedy from:
- Lea Roberts – Former professional rugby league player, winner of the TV series “Stand Up Britain” and regular on the after dinner circuit.
- Steve Royle – Actor, writer, comedian, BBC presenter and 2020 finalist on “Britain’s Got Talent.”
- Sport memorabilia silent auction
- Raffle, with prizes including leisure passes, tickets to Warrington’s RLWC games, tickets to a show at Parr Hall, Rugby League merchandise and more.
- Bar until 11pm
NOTE: Unless otherwise informed, we will assume no special dietary requirements for your party. If any of your party have dietary requirements (Vegetarian/Vegan/allergies etc.) please email [email protected] giving your name, booking reference and requirements. Any access or other special requirements can also be sent through to this address.
Tuesday 12 Jul 2022, 7:30pmBook tickets