CALL FOR PROPOSALS: SCRATCH NIGHT
After the success of our inaugural scratch night in December we are delighted to host our spring Scratch Night at Pyramid Arts Centre on Thursday, 30 March. A scratch night offers performing artists and companies (who are no longer in full time education or training), the opportunity to showcase works in progress and receive peer and audience review/ feedback.
We aim to present work from a diverse range of artists including but not limited to dance, theatre, music and spoken word. This opportunity is open to north west creatives within a 40 mile radius of Warrington.
Presented in an informal and relaxed environment creatives will present work in progress that has already undertaken research and development and is being structured into a performance. Following each sharing creatives will be able to ask the audience questions to gain feedback and insight for further development of their work.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• Work created for a live audience
• Work that can be programmed into our studio theatre
• Short new pieces, which have had little or no previous audience exposure, (or an excerpt from a longer work)
PROPOSALS SHOULD BE FOR PIECES THAT ARE:
• Between 5 – 20 minutes max in duration
• Simple tech and adaptable to quick turnarounds
• Self-supporting in terms of props/set/equipment
Culture Warrington will offer £150 fee per work presented.
• Please provide a short overview of the work you are applying for and a supporting video clip
• Email your proposal to: [email protected]
• Deadline: 19 February, 2023.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING WITHIN YOUR PROPOSAL:
• Title of work:
• Name of artists/ company:
• Contact email address:
• Number of performers:
• Art form/ genre:
• Duration of the piece:
• Synopsis of the work:
• Performance space requirements:
• Technical requirements:
• Website/ social media handles:
• Any access needs:
• Footage of work:
Selection will be led by Culture Warrington staff.
Selection will be based on the strength of the artistic idea, the suitability for this particular event and for technical and logistical feasibility.